Music Lessons & Services
Holding several certificates and diplomas in Music Theory, Music Literacy & Composition, as well as being an active composer and arranger, Egbert Juffer (ALCM, AMusLCM, ATCL) offers music lessons in the subjects Music Theory and Composition to pass on his knowledge and experience as well as a range of compositional, theoretical and engraving services.
- Lessons in the subject Music Theory (all levels and grades);
- Lessons and preparation for graded exams in Music Theory following the ABRSM/LCM/TCL* syllabuses (all grades);
- Marking past papers for Music Theory exams (all grades);
- Lessons and advice in the subject Composition following the LCM* syllabus (all grades);
- Consultations in the subject Composition by discussing a submitted composition.
*ABRSM: Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music, LCM: London College of Music, TCL: Trinity College London
Teaching philosophy Music Theory:
It is Egbert's believe that being able to read the music and understand it is necessary for every musician, whether amateur or professional. Often students are more interested in playing their instrument or singing than in learning theory. However, it is really rewarding to explore deeper understanding of the music one is performing and to enhance musicianship. Some students like to study for exams; others prefer to focus on deepening understanding without wanting to take exams; all are welcome!
Lessons are being given in a professional music room on the Isle of Skye, Scotland for local students or online by using Skype, Zoom, Facetime or WhatsApp (students choice) for long distance students.
Times & fees:
- 60 Minutes: £30.00
For more info and booking lessons click here
Music notation & transposition*:
- Converting handwritten music and/or manuscripts into professional sheet music, including:
- (Re)Notation (& correction) of an existing score;
- Transposing music from any key into any key;
- Converting music for transposing instruments into concert pitch;
- Converting music from concert pitch into music for transposing instruments.
Arranging, harmonising and transcription*:
- Harmonisation of melodies & songs;
- Writing arrangements and settings on Hymn tunes, (Folk)songs, spirituals etc.;
- Transcriptions, e.g.: dictation and notation of a recording.
- Transferring music for Piano/Organ into an instrumental setting, e.g. Piano to woodwind quartet;
*Prices of these services largely depend on difficulty level and length of the music as well as the state and/or clarity of provided materials.