Today I have been awarded the Associateship of Trinity College London, by successfully doing a Singing Recital exam for the Associate diploma in Music Performance.
For quite a few months I have been working on a programme for this recital exam under the guidance of my vocal teacher Ann Lampard. The exam took place on April 6th in Sage Gateshead and today I received the wonderful news that I passed this exam with distinction! Marks were awarded for the recital, performance and the submitted programme notes.
The recital programme included the following works:
- G.F. Handel: Aria 'The Enemy Said' from 'Israel in Egypt', HWV 54
- J.S. Bach: Aria 'Frohe Hirten' from 'Weihnachtsoratorium', BWV 248
- W.A. Mozart: Aria 'Dalla sua pace' from 'Don Giovanni', KV 527
- G. Donizetti: Aria 'Quanto é bella, quanto é cara' from 'L'Elisir d'Amore'
- F. Schubert: Fischerweise, Op. 96 No. 4, D881
- F. Schubert: Ganymed, Op. 19 No. 3, D544
- R. Strauss: Zueignung, Op. 10 No. 1
- E. Chausson: Le Colibri, Op. 2 No. 7
- R.V. Williams: 'Youth and Love' from 'Songs of Travel'
- [Originally included but cancelled from programme] M. Head: 'Nocturne' from 'Over the Rim of the Moon'
Many thanks to my vocal teacher Ann Lampard for all the lessons, to my teacher Gareth Green for rehearsing and his support towards this exam, and to the wonderful pianist Julia Kennard for being such an amazing accompanist both during the rehearsals and the exam!